Our pool filter inspection, diagnosis and cleaning package is required for ongoing customers.
Filter cleanings are necessary for nearly all residential swimming pools. The reason for this is approximately 98% of residential swimming pools are either DE (diatomaceous earth), cartridge, or some combination of the two types called a hybrid. You can see more about what is the best about of each type of swimming pool filter here. The remaining 1-2% are sand filters which do not disassemble and clean up without a sand change. Commercial swimming pools in comparison are nearly all outfitted with sand filters for several reasons.
DE Swimming Pool FilterFilter manufacturers and swimming pool builders require regular filter cleanings to ensure their warranties are not voided. They usually recommend filter cleanings them every 3-6 months depending on which type of filter and the manufacturer.
A swimming pool filter warranty will also usually be voided by a home warranty company without proof of regular filter cleanings.
If you have home warranty coverage on your pool equipment they will usually refuse coverage on your filter repairs if you cannot demonstrate it has been well maintained with regular filter cleanings. Unfortunately many swimming pool owners find out about this after it is too late.
You can look at one of our blog posts if you are interested in more on how you can know if your swimming pool filter is working without taking it apart.
The electricity savings alone will often cover the cost. To verify this just put a voltmeter on the filter pump motor and measure the amount of amps it is drawing when running before and after your filter cleaning. NOTE: If you are not familiar with electricity or qualified to do this please hire a professional.
A dirty filter that has been cleaned will often drop the average pressure on the tank by 5-10psi. This increased flow through the filter means the filter pump will draw less amps or power. Since your filter pump motor is one of the biggest consumers of power in your home this savings in power will directly affect your electric bill. Why give this money to the electric company when you could have a healthier pool instead?
The convenience of having your own beautiful glimmering oasis of refreshing pool water just a few steps from your back door is truly a splendid thing. A pool can be everything from a source of evening relaxation, to a morning fitness spot, to a social status symbol. Your home swimming pool can be anything you want it to be.
Blue Science will work hand in hand with you to design a one-of-a-kind dream pool which perfectly complements your backyard environment. Give us a call today.